Friday, August 9, 2019

Beginning ~ on a Thursday




One Thursday afternoon, the summer after I graduated from the University of Southern California (USC), I was sitting in my apartment in Santa Monica with the windows open, thinking about how to get some work until I started law school at USC in the fall.

Suddenly, through the windows, I overheard two guys, talking just outside.



A Curious Mind: The Secret to a Bigger Life ~ by Brian Grazer and Charles Fishman, 2015, psychology (self-actualization)
Peek into the “curiosity conversations” that inspired Brian Grazer to create some of the world’s most iconic movies and television shows.  He shows how curiosity has been the “secret” that fueled his rise as one of Hollywood’s leading producers and creative visionaries, and how all of us can channel its power to lead bigger and more rewarding lives.  This book offers a blueprint for how we can awaken our own curiosity and use it as a superpower in our lives.  Grazer has spent most of his life exploring curiosity through what he terms “curiosity conversations” with some of the most interesting people in the world, including spies, royals, scientists, politicians, moguls, Nobel laureates, artists — anyone whose story might broaden his worldview.  These discussions sparked the creative inspiration behind many of his movies and TV shows.
Yes, this book drew me in. I wanted to know what he overheard, so I kept reading.



Gilion at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings on Fridays.  Click this link for more book beginnings.

4 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I used to say that I wanted my kids to be "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed" about life...which involves curiosity and wonder. I would never accept boredom as an excuse for life. This book would speak to me, too, I believe. My Friday quotes for PATRON SAINTS OF NOTHING

Becki said...

What a unique book! It does sound really intriguing.

Roberta Gibson said...

Oh yes. I definitely want to know what he overheard.

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Brian Grazer...I went to a movie screening of In The Heart of the Sea and as I exited the theater I saw a man that I knew was famous and had to have something to do with the movie but couldn't think of his name. Got home and jumped on Google and finally figured it out. Brian Grazer!!!

Definitely adding this book to my TBR, but not because I saw Grazer in the flesh. It just sounds good. LOL