Saturday, December 15, 2018

Cattitude

Kiki was a book reviewer.  In this photo, she was reading My Cat, the Silliest Cat in the World by Gilles Bachelet.  She reviewed the book in 2011, saying, "This is my favorite book ever! I give it a 10 out of 10."  Click on the title to read her review.  I first discovered this drawing and saved it in a draft, back when Kiki owned me.

Looking back over hundreds of drafts that never got posted, I found this one that was labeled "Caturday" and "Kiki," the cat who wrote her own book reviews way back when.  It's been years, but now you can enjoy these ten cats in all their cattitude ― along with a couple of mice who seem to be wondering why they're in this picture.  In case you can't read all the words scattered among the cats:
  • You're the cat's meow.
  • It's all about the cattitude.
  • 1 2 3 ... I (heart) U ... C A T.
  • Dogs have masters.  Cats have staff.
  • Meow.  Cheers!
  • Hope your special day is purrfect!
  • Here kitty kitty....
Now I belong to Clawdia, and Caturdays are Clawdia's domain.  She's into adventures and "scientific" ponderings rather than book reviews.  This photo shows her a couple of years ago studying those strange reflections on the wall, wondering about their origin, marveling at the properties of light.  I'm sure she was having a purr-fect day!

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

It must have been so nice to come across Kiki's drafts. :-)

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Actually, Helen, I'm the guilty one who never got around to posting those drafts. But you have reminded me that a year after Kiki died, I found a bunch of her notes for book reviews:
http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/kikis-book-notes-what-find.html

Hmmm, now where did I stash those notes? When I find them, I may have to post another review or two for Kiki.