Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Rating the books I read

Joy of Joy's Book Blog was featured on Book Blogger International last week.  One sentence made me update my rating system:  "Rather than rate books that I review, I think about the appeal of the book for different types of readers."  Here's what I added to my book rating guide last night:
Updated 3-24-14 to add one caveat:  These numbers from 2008 are all based on how much I personally enjoyed the book.  I can't judge for anyone else, so my ratings are completely subjective.  As a matter of fact, if I re-read a book, my opinion may very well change, based on what's going on in my life at that point.
Do you rate the books you read?  Do you have a rating system?

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I really like this rating system. It's clear and easy for both you and the reader.