Friday, January 24, 2014

Beginning ~ with a fatal fall

The Sunday Philosophy Club ~ by Alexander McCall Smith, 2004, mystery fiction
"Isabel Dalhousie saw the young man fall from the edge of the upper circle, from the gods.  His flight was so sudden and short, and it was for less than a second that she saw him, hair tousled, upside down, his shirt and jacket up around his chest so that his midriff was exposed.  And then, striking the edge of the grand circle, he disappeared headfirst towards the stalls below."
I've been reading a lot of nonfiction lately, so it's time for a novel.  Occasionally, I like to read a mystery, and this one is by the author of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Sounds good to me.



Gilion at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings on Fridays.  Click here for today's Mister Linky.

4 comments:

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

I loved this book! I have since read a few more in the series. Isabel Dalhousie is one of my all-time favorite characters.

My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_24.html

Vonnie said...

Wait...upper circle from the gods? Hmmm...

My post

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I keep meaning to read a book by this prolific author, and this sounds like a good one. I'm curious about the upper circle and the stalls below. What's going on?
Here's the link to my Friday post: PICTURING PERFECT.

gautami tripathy said...

I am intrigued and wanna know more..


Here is my post