Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sarah's Key ~ by Tatiana de Rosnay

I've written about Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (2007) several times on this blog, but somehow it didn't occur to me to post it on my Book Around the World challenge blog as a good choice for traveling to France.  Amy @ In Consideration of Books suggested this book for the challenge, so read about it on all three blogs:
Here's the first paragraph to intrigue you:
The girl was the first to hear the loud pounding on the door.  Her room was closest to the entrance of the apartment.  At first, dazed with sleep, she thought it was her father, coming up from his hiding place in the cellar.  He'd forgotten his keys, and was impatient because nobody had heard his first, timid knock.  But then came the voices, strong and brutal in the silence of the night.  Nothing to do with her father.  "Police!  Open up!  Now!"
I rate this book 9 of 10, an excellent novel.

2 comments:

Jan said...

This is a wonderful book! I remember how much I enjoyed it.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I enjoyed this book especially since it had a different perspective from many other Holocaust books