Monday, May 20, 2013

Review policy

Bookfool has a New Review Policy about reviewing books, so it seems like a good idea for me to formalize my own policy.  I'm going to use some of her ideas here.
1.  REAL BOOKS I read "real" books, paperback or hardback, and have no interest in e-books.   I underline and write in books and tag pages with Post-it notes so I can use the book while teaching.  Besides, I love that new-book smell, which I enjoyed this very minute because UPS delivered two books. ------>

2.  NO SPECIFIC DATES I don't accept books for review on specific dates.  Being retired means that I can pretty much do what I want, when I want, unless I over-commit myself.

3.  NO PROMISES Any books accepted for review are subject to being tossed if they don't work for me.   If I don't finish a book, I probably won't write about it at all.  I reserve the right to say nothing about the book at all.

4.  UNSOLICITED BOOKS — These will be reviewed if and when I choose to read the book.  I reserve the right to read what I want to read when I want to read it.

5.  EMAIL ME To request a review, write to me at emergingDOTparadigmATyahooDOTcom.  I won't reply unless I'm interested in your book.

No comments: