Friday, April 11, 2008

Wednesday, I met the author

I'll do a "real" book review this weekend, but for now I want to tell you my exciting news. I met Masha Hamilton, author of three novels. Early in the week, I finished reading The Camel Bookmobile, which was published in 2007 and came out in paperback on April 1st.

Masha's book is fiction, but there really is a camel bookmobile in Kenya. During her presentation on Wednesday, Masha showed us this two-and-a-half minute video of the real thing. Notice how intent the people are, once they have books in their hands. It certainly doesn't look like YOUR library, does it? But the anticipation among patrons may not be as palpable in your town, either.

I highly recommend the book to you. To learn more about Masha Hamilton, her book, and the book drive which sends English and Swahili books to Kenya, visit her web site.

The Book Buddies are reading and discussing The Camel Bookmobile during April, and my face-to-face book club will discuss it on April 29th. I'm writing about my visit with Masha on the Book Buddies blog, and you are welcome to read more about it there.

2 comments:

Teddy Rose said...

How exciting that you met her! I look forward to your review, as this one is on my TBR.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Love it! Thank you for linking me to your review.