Thursday, September 24, 2015

Foodies Read Challenge 2015

Definition
A "food book" is any book which is centered around food and/or drinks. It could be a cookbook, a food biography or memoir, a novel in which food plays a major role, or a book of nonfiction focused on a specific food, wine, chef, or restaurant.
Decide how many books, and pick your reading level.
  • Short-Order Cook:  1 to 3 books     ✓   (my choice)
  • Pastry Chef:  4 to 8 books
  • Sous-Chef:  9 to 13 books
  • Chef de Cuisine:  14 to 18
  • Cordon-Bleu Chef:  more than 19
Blog about each book you read.

Post the link to your review under the book's category:
  • cookbook
  • memoir/biography
  • fiction
  • nonfiction
  • challenge wrap-up post
Guidelines
  • The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2015.
  • You don’t need a pre-selected list of books.
  • It’s okay to cross over with other challenges.
  • Any book format is allowed (print, audio, ebook).
List of food books I've read in 2015
1.  Simmer and Smoke: A Southern Tale of Grit and Spice ~ by Peggy Lampman, 2015, fiction (Georgia), 8/10.  This one is #53 on the Foodies fiction list.

2.
List of other food books I intend to read
1.  Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions ~ by Kate Lorig, Halsted Holman, David Sobel, Diana Laurent, Virginia González, and Marian Minor (4th ed), 2012, health

2.  Unprocessed: My City-Dwelling Year of Reclaiming Real Food ~ by Megan Kimble, 2015, health

3.  Voices of the Food Revolution: You Can Heal Your Body and Your World — with Food! ~ by John Robbins and Ocean Robbins, 2013, health
I chose "Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books" as my category because I'm starting 3/4 of the way through the year.  Maybe I'll be promoted to Pastry Chef (the next level) before the end of the year, but I'm not pushing myself.

No comments: