Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pi Day 3.1415

I went out to lunch with two of my friends, Sheila and Donna, and we got pies.  Mine, as you can see, were chicken pot pie and apple pie.  I put both on the same plate to take this picture.  What's that you say?  Oh, you want to know why both pies are partly eaten?  Do you mean to tell me you've never heard that "life is short, so eat dessert first"?
Someone over there is wondering what "Pi Day 3.1415" in the title has to do with my lunch.  Here's a clue:  "Pi," which is pronounced "pie," is 3.1415.  Most of us had to learn that in math class sometime during our schooling.  The connection is today's date.  March 14, 2015 can be written 3-14-15.  This correspondence between "pi" and today's date won't happen again for another hundred years.  Now that you know, have a ...
To be really cool, eat your pie at 9:26 tonight.

No comments: