Saturday, November 3, 2018

Where is your happy place?

Today, Helen asks, "Where is your happy place?"  Hers is her front garden, where a "pink bougainvillea was showing through the only tree whose leaves change color."  I love trees and have had favorite trees wherever I've lived.  Click the link to read about oak trees, an elm, a plum tree, a pecan tree, a dogwood climbing tree, a Japanese cherry tree, maples, magnolias, an ornamental cherry tree, a hickory tree, and crepe myrtles.

The yellow tree above is new since I moved in here in 2014, but it's beautiful.  My kitchen window is on the sixth floor, just above the green tree (and the two windows) in the left column.  That means I can see this little tree when I glance out.

This beautiful tree is on the opposite (west) side of the building.  The photo is obviously from the spring.  I snapped this one near our gazebo in April 2017.  I guess what I'm saying is that my happy place is where I can enjoy green growing things.  Hmm, and at this point in my life, I think my happy place is living here at the Crown Center.

Now tell me, where is YOUR happy place?

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I think having nature around us is so important. I'm glad you have the Crown Center and both of those beautiful trees!