Wednesday, May 2, 2018

World Labyrinth Day ~ this Saturday

Saturday in St. Louis is supposed to be sunny with a temperature in the low 80s.  I know where there's an outdoor labyrinth, if anyone wants to go walk it with me that afternoon.  Call, text, email, or send me a private message on Facebook.  I've written about labyrinths several times on this blog and others.
Overview of labyrinths for Book Buddies
Labyrinth at Thankful Memorial Episcopal Church
Labyrinth at St. Paul Episcopal Church
Labyrinth at Burks United Methodist Church
Labyrinth at St. Francis of Assissi
World Labyrinth Day is the first Saturday in May, and people all over the world will be involved in activities at labyrinths.  To walk the one I know a couple of miles from me, you'll need to be able to walk on grass.  I'm willing to explore a different one, if you can direct me to it.

This fellow found the same labyrinth I did, the one at First Presbyterian Church on Delmar Boulevard, though he started walking it years before I moved to St. Louis.

5 comments:

CountryDew said...

I never heard of this. Thanks for sharing. I don't know where there are any labyrinths near me, but I love them. They are very cool.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Try googling "labyrinth" and the name of your town or area, and maybe you'll find one nearby. That's how I originally found the one closest to me.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

So far, I have three other people going with me to the labyrinth at First Presbyterian Church on Delmar. And this post was mentioned on RevGalBlogPals "Friday Festival" by a RevGal in Minnesota for pastors around the world.
https://revgalblogpals.org/2018/05/04/friday-festival-prophecy-and-pondering/

Rev. Linda M. Rhinehart Neas, M.Ed. said...

Didn't know there was a Labyrinth Day! Thank you for sharing. I have one in my backyard, which I will walk on Saturday! Blessings!!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Linda, I'll think about you (and name you in my mind) as I walk our labyrinth on Saturday with my friends.