Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Teaser ~ from the book cover itself

Before you read any further, look back at the cover illustration showing a boy wearing blue and a girl wearing pink.  Say the title out loud, and then come back here.  (I'll wait.)

Okay, someone was having fun when they designed the front cover!  I almost wrote "Blue" as the first word of the title -- because "Pink Brain" is shown in a blue font, and "Blue Brain" uses a pink font.

That was the first "teaser" but I'll give you another one to enjoy, this time from the dust jacket of Pink Brain, Blue Brain: How Small Differences Grow into Troublesome Gaps--and What We Can Do about It by Lise Eliot, 2010.
"By appreciating how sex differences emerge -- rather than assuming them to be fixed biological facts -- we can help all children reach their fullest potential, close the troubling gaps between boys and girls, and ultimately end the gender wars that currently divide us."

4 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

Fabulous teaser, Bonnie!

Helen's Book Blog said...

I am so glad you made me go back to the cover because I did NOT catch that. Very clever. I can't wait to hear what you think of book; it looks really interesting

Susan Tidwell said...

Good teaser - made me look! Sounds like a very interesting idea, let us know!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Alison, Helen, and Susan --

I want to know if you had as much trouble as I did SAYING "pink" when the word was blue and SAYING "blue" when the word was pink.