Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kiki Caturday ~ the kiss

Bookfool has Fiona Friday pictures, so I decided to post about Kiki on Cat-urdays (I mean, of course, Saturday is the cat's day).  So here's a photo I don't think I've posted before.  It's Kiki "kissing" me by licking just above my chin.




Above is "the kiss" by Kiki.  Here's "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt.








And here's a story from maybe 2002, give or take a year, that I shared in a comment a couple of years ago:
I had been out of town for 3 or 4 days. I had left plenty of food and water, which works for a cat, who eats what she needs and saves the rest. When I got home and opened the door to the kitchen, Kiki ran past me like crazy through the garage to the driveway, happy to be outside again. But she stopped suddenly, turned around, ran back and "kissed" me by licking my chin. Then she felt free to run out into the glorious sunshine.  You may laugh about cats ignoring you, but Kiki loves me and remembered to welcome me home with a kiss before she went outside to smell the fresh air and play. As I've said before, she is the most loving cat I've ever had. I feel blessed to be loved by Kiki.

~~~ Kiki's best friend, Bonnie