Sunday, September 5, 2021

My book life

I finished the two books by Mitch Albom that I added to my Kindle recently, and now I'm reading a book that I bought for my Kindle in July.

After the Crash ~ by Emma Davies, 2021, fiction (England)
Louisa Adams has done her best to hold herself together since she lost her husband in a car accident, but each morning she wakes up alone is more painful than the last.  She hopes moving into the crumbling seaside hotel her daughter and son-in-law just bought in Devon will help put what’s left of her broken family back together.  While she's there, Louisa is offered a final chance to save her career by writing an article on a local sand artist, Isaac.  As they explore the rugged coastline’s hidden coves together — living and laughing like she never thought she would again — Louisa is fascinated by this man who creates beautiful sculptures on the shoreline, until the discovery of a charcoal scribble in one of his sketchbooks links him to the death of her husband.


Deb Nance at Readerbuzz hosts The Sunday Salon. Bloggers gather in the Sunday Salon — at separate computers in different time zones — to talk about our lives and our reading.

4 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Oh gosh, this book sounds really good. I look forward to seeing what you think of it once you are finished.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Okay, Helen, I just finished reading this book and gave it a 10/10 rating. It was so compelling and irresistible that I could not put it down until I got to the very satisfying ending! Yes, get yourself a copy and let me know what YOU think of it.

Gretchen said...

Sounds like a compelling book! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Wow. I love it when a book I buy turns out to be not only a good read, but a fabulous read. I'm writing down this title now! Thank you, Bonnie.