Tuesday, September 22, 2020

The new way I shop these days

This is the aisle at my grocery story, showing corn — and beets.  My InstaCart shopper said they didn't have the exact thing I ordered and asked if any of these would do as a replacement.  I think I remember they didn't show the whole kernel corn I wanted, so I had ordered cream style.  Before I could get this enlarged enough to read labels, I told her to replace it with whole kernel corn, which is what I had wanted in the first place.

Shopping by computer is no fun.  If I'd been there, I'd have probably also gotten those beets on sale on the second shelf down on the right, but my shopper had already moved on by the time I enlarged this image and noticed the beets.  It's time to order again.  I wonder if beets are on sale this week.  I wonder when I'll be able to shop in person again, not having to worry about people refusing to wear masks or staying at least six feet from me.  I wonder how many of us will survive this awful year.

2 comments:

Elza Reads said...

Hi there Bonnie! My husband loves Online Shopping! I don't really get into that much, but then again, I don't really like shopping to begin with.

I saw a feature that you might be interested in, you always share these wonderful words! Do you know about Wondrous Words Wednesday? I can't find a linky, but there are a few bloggers who still post.

I did my first one this morning! Wondrous Words Wednesday

Hope you are well, take care!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Shopping through Instacart must be weird, a lot of my shopping is seeing what's there and making last minute decisions.