Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Clawdia isn't too sure of the world these days

Clawdia at her open window this morning.  She's very antsy about going for a walk in our hallway lately.  She knows something is wrong with our world, so she stops at our door and peers out to look and to listen.  And sometimes, she turns around and goes right back into our apartment.

When we actually do go out, I have to keep telling her "it's all right" because she walks a few feet, stops to take her bearings again, and often looks back over her shoulder at our door.  If Nick, our loudest neighbor, says something on his phone (or to himself) as we near his apartment door, she runs all the way home as fast as she can.

Something's not right these days, and Clawdia knows it.  She watches me cover my face with a mask, just to walk the empty hallway with her late at night, and she knows it's odd.  She often sits quietly pondering like this.  Is she musing on the changes?  It wouldn't surprise me.

Her pic would have been posted with my earlier Two Charts post, but it took four hours to go from my phone to my email account on my computer, which was on my lap when I clicked "send."  Four hours!  And I get voicemail messages when my mobile hasn't rung — and doesn't even show a missed call.  What's up with our devices these days?  Or is it just my old flip phone?

No comments: