Saturday, July 25, 2020

What to do while you can’t travel

Another day, another window, as I continue to "open a new window somewhere in the world" using WindowSwap.  It's random, so there's no telling what view you'll see when you click that link to WindowSwap.  Let's see what comes up today.

From Alex's window in Tauranga, New Zealand, I could see water in the distance with land beyond.  Was that the Pacific Ocean?  Yes!  I googled it and learned where Tauranga is.
"Tauranga is a harbourside city in the Bay of Plenty region on New Zealand's North Island.  It hosts historic buildings like the Elms Mission Station, an 1847 Georgian-style home.  A bridge over the harbour connects Tauranga to Mount Maunganui, a beach town with hot saltwater pools and an extinct namesake volcano with winding walking paths.  Offshore is the active volcano White Island, accessible by helicopter or boat."
This is like taking a world tour.  Now I've "seen" some of New Zealand by "touring" pictures that Google showed me of that area.  What fun!

1 comment:

Marg said...

Bay of Plenty is on my bucket list to visit one day.