Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I got another book ~ Why are you not surprised?

The Antiquities Dealer (A David Greenberg Mystery Book 1) ~ by Ed Protzel, 2018, mystery (Missouri, Israel)
Pursued across continents by Christian, Jewish and Muslim extremists, all seeking a priceless relic, antiquities dealer David Greenberg must decipher the sole clue to its whereabouts.  Is humankind's future at stake?  Who is behind the plot — and why?

When Miriam Solomon, the love of David Greenberg’s life, phones him at his antiquities gallery in St. Louis, the black hole at the center of his heart shudders.  Twenty years earlier, Miriam had inexplicably run off to Israel with his best friend, Solly, a brilliant but nerdy young scientist.  Now she tells David that Solly has committed suicide and she needs his aid on a secret research project Solly left unfinished:  to acquire the one remaining nail from the crucifixion of Jesus.  Is she telling the truth?  And why does that nail have such significance?
A local author named Ed Protzel (read his bio here) posted on our neighborhood page that some of his books are only $0.99 right now for Kindle.  I decided to buy this one, after reading Amazon's excerpt, because in the first scene the main characters meet at Blueberry Hill, a restaurant in the Delmar Loop where I've eaten several times.  I take out-of-town friends there, like Mike Feely last year.  The U-City Library has a copy, available whenever the library re-opens.  However, I went ahead and bought it for my Kindle because (as the author says) it's only $0.99 right now.  I'll share the link to his offer, in case any of you are interested:  99¢ STUCK-AT-HOME KINDLE OFFER!  If you don't have a Kindle, Amazon will give you a free app to read a book on your laptop or computer.  I got it myself when a children's book I wanted couldn't be downloaded to my Kindle.  Here's the Facebook page for this book, too.

No comments: