Monday, March 16, 2020

Hunkered down ~ and fidgety

Clawdia in bed with me during the night.  She looks "hunkered down," doesn't she?  She seems very fidgety (my word of the day, meaning "restless or uneasy").  Aren't we all, right now?  Another word of the day (or week? or month?) for me would be ....
hunkered down = to make yourself comfortable in a place or situation, or to prepare to stay in a place or position for a long time, usually in order to achieve something or for protection.
First, they decided we'd could no longer eat together, so we would pick up our already packaged meals.  Today, they are calling everyone to say our meals will all be delivered to our doors.  So now they don't even want us to line up together.  Today's dinner "will be delivered around noon," but it was almost 2:00 pm when mine arrived.  I've had phone calls and emails and messages on Facebook, as we try to keep tabs on each other in my retirement center.

Here's the question:  How does Clawdia know something is "wrong" with the world?  Not only does SHE seem tuned into the anxiety all around, but so does Louie, Sandy's bird.  Louie is also restless and disturbed.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

A lot of animals can tell that something is going on or will happen. Some of it, I think, is because the can sense our moods or "smell" something. My cat Boots is one animal that knows something is going on or about to happen. My other cat and my dog don't show it if they do.

Helen's Book Blog said...

This whole situation seems to change by the hour! Our lives have certainly changed in the past week and I do think we're in for the long haul.

Ginny said...

Our cat Purssy seems nervous lately and I never thought it might be knowing something is not normal!