Saturday, February 29, 2020

Leaping lizards ... or ballerinas


February 29th is the leap day of a leap year, but the only leaping illustration I could think of was leaping lizards or a ballet dancer in flight.  So you get both.

Folks born on this special day have official birthdays only once every four years, but I hear they celebrate on "the last day of February" most years.  Today, I'll share a story of NOT being born on February 29th.  The mother of one of my friends (who may identify herself or not) was born on this special day.  She really, really wanted her baby to be born on HER day.  My friend didn't oblige, but arrived a full week later.  Wouldn't it have been fun if mother and baby shared this rare birthday?  The press would probably have gone wild.

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Two leap year birthdays would have been fun.

Bonnie Jacobs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.