Friday, February 14, 2020

Galentine's Day 2020 ~ photo album







We had a great crowd for our Galentine's Day celebration yesterday.  I won't try to name everyone in these photos, but we had fun.  I counted about 40 people who had been invited, and lots of them wore red or pink, you may notice.  Around noon, two groups of women sat at tables reserved with Galentine's Day signs.  I explained what we were doing, and they smiled and said they were also getting together with their friends.  That works for me!  Staff who were able to drop by mingled with people at various tables.  Women came and stayed as long as they were able; I was there until almost 1:30 (rather than noon, as I had originally planned.)

Our Galentine's gab fest was a great success, with people moving from table to table to get better acquainted with other residents (and a few non-residents who are my friends) or else to say "hello" to all their friends who were present.  The bottom photo shows people in the back moving to other tables.  It was especially fun to see Tiny back to visit.  She used to live on my floor and now lives with her daughter less than a quarter of a mile away  See the third photo from the top, where Tiny and her daughter have just arrived.

These two shots, taken by Crown Center staff, were added at 6:00 pm.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Marg said...

Sounds like a fun gathering!

Helen's Book Blog said...

I should have made more of an effort to do something for Galentine's Day. Instead I had a quiet evening at home. I'm glad you all had a wonderful time!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

What great fun!