Sunday, February 2, 2020

Chair Yoga

Chair Yoga: Sit, Stretch, and Strengthen Your Way to a Happier, Healthier You ~ by Kristin McGee, 2017, exercise
Chair yoga is exactly what it sounds like:  exercises you can do sitting down.  In Chair Yoga, celebrity yoga instructor Kristin McGee takes you through 100 yoga poses and exercises that are easy enough for all levels and will help readers stay active, alert, and healthy.  Divided into chapters organized by body part (say goodbye to back pain and hello to better posture), each exercise includes step-by-step instructions and easy-to-follow photos.  Plus, bonus chapters on 5-, 10-, and 15-minute routines help readers put it all together and find the time to perform these exercises.
Sheila G. called me Wednesday evening and, among other things, we talked about our Gentle Chair Yoga class that morning.  I thought maybe we could incorporate some of that into our group exercise on Friday afternoons and found this book online.  It was only $1.99 for Kindle, so I downloaded it.  I was surprised to see that it cost me $0.00 because I have a gift card there that I won a few weeks ago.  Yay!  And another "yay!" because illustrations I had already found to use here actually show the author of this book.  These back exercises are in chapter 8, so now I have the pictures handy to help me when I'm trying them myself.

1 comment:

Donna Jones said...

It is exciting to know ya'll practice as a community on your own. I appreciate the tenacity ya'll demonstrate in increasing your flexibility and range of motion and deepen relationships.
CC is the place to be!