Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thirteen years ago

My first ever blog post was thirteen years ago, when I wrote about The Namesake by Jumpa Lahiri.  I have posted 2,571 posts (before this one), with four more already scheduled to post in the next few days.  If you've been reading my blog for a long time, do you remember any subject in particular that caught your attention?

A lot of my book blogging friends from those early days have given up blogging, so why am I still here?  I'll have to think about it, but part of the reason is that this is like a journal for me.  It makes me pay more attention to the things I do, like why they matter to me.  It's also like a memory jogger, helping me remember books and little "unimportant" events that make me smile years later.  If you blog, tell me why.  What do you get out of it?

3 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

Happy Blogiversary! That's a long time - congratulations! I hit 13 years last year - now coming up on 14 in February!

As you know, I've only recently discovered your blog but am enjoying it very much.

Sue

Book By Book

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thanks, Sue. I enjoy reading your blog, too.

Marg, I think I lost you on Facebook when you got married, or else I don't recognize your "new" name. If I don't show up as still your friend, send me a FB friend request and we'll continue our long years of friendship.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Congratulations on 13 years of blogging! I think I've been reading your blog since my early days about 11 years ago. I love that there are people I've never met in person who are a part of my life. I agree that blogging feels like a journal and makes us think about what we read (and live?) more deeply.