Saturday, January 4, 2020

Books to pass along

Here are some books I'm ready to pass along for others to read, starting with a couple that are very appropriate for Caturday.  I'm purging stacks of my books by reading a bunch of them for the Mount TBR Challenge.

1.  Cat Tales: A Catty Concoction of Quotes, Poems and "Dear Tabby" Advice ~ edited by Suzanne Beilenson, 1992
I have several "catty" friends who might like this.  Here's a quote from page 11:
Dear Tabby,
I'm a mother of 16, and expecting yet another kitty litter.  I love my babies, but I am tuckered out.  There just doesn't seem to be time enough in the day to feed them all, clean them all, and take them all to the park.  I catnap whenever I can, but it doesn't seem to help.  What can I do?
Signed, On My Last Paw
Dear On My Last Paw,
What you need, my dear, is a vaCATion.  So drop the kits at your mother's or hire a sitter.  There are lots of great places to relax and unwind.  Might I suggest a few?  The Catskills, Catalina Island, St. Kitts . . .
2.  Paws for a Moment With God: Devotions Best Enjoyed in the Company of a Cat ~ compiled by Patricia Mitchell, 2010
I gave this book to Marie, yesterday.  She may also be interested in Heidegger and a Hippo Walk Through Those Pearly Gates, since she noticed the strange title when I posted it the other day and asked about it.
3.  Two by Two ~ by Nicholas Sparks, 2016
This novel goes to the Crown Center's library.
4.  Good Dog.  Stay. ~ by Anna Quindlen, 2007
I think Nancy, a dog lover who has been taking care of Faye's dog, should have a book that "honors the life of a cherished and loyal friend" (from the dustjacket) and has lots of photos of dogs, including one of a dog who seems to be howling at a snowman.
5.  Carpool Diem ~ by Nancy Star, 2008
Another novel to donate to the Crown Center's library.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Passing on books is so wonderful. I tend to give all my YA books to our local school libraries and the adult books to friends of the local Planned Parenthood book sale.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Besides donating some of my books to the little library here at the Crown Center for Senior Living, I usually either pass them along to friends (as above), donate them to organizations for their annual or biannual books sales, or exchange them at the used bookstore about a block from where I live, since few groups/people are interested in my serious nonfiction.