Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday Salon ~ booking around

The University City Public Library has new cloth bags for delivering books to home bound patrons.  I covered up my address, but you can see my name attached to it.  Beside the sturdy bag are five library books.  Notice how many different libraries these books are from.

1.  The President Is Missing ~ by Bill Clinton and James Patterson, 2018, fiction
This big  novel (on the bottom) is a recent donation to the Crown Center library, which I had hoped to read before shelving it.  Nope, I'm not finding time, with all the other books I've borrowed or bought.  I guess I'll go ahead and shelve it for others to enjoy now.
2.  The Women of the Copper Country ~ by Mary Doria Russell, 2019, fiction (Michigan), 9/10
I've already completed this one, so it'll go back in the bag to return to the U-City Library on Thursday (pick-up and delivery day).  Click the underlined link to read more about it.
3.  The Cross and the Lynching Tree ~ by James H. Cone, 2011, history
With the two books below needing to be finished for book club discussions this month, there's no way I can read this 202-page book in time to return it in the bag to U-City by Thursday.  So I'll renew it to read along with those coming.
4.  The World's Strongest Librarian: A Book Lover's Adventures ~ by Josh Hanagarne, 2013, memoir (Utah)
Risé, who lives here at the Crown Center, works at the St. Louis Public Library (downtown) and brings us book club kits for our Fourth Wednesday Book Club discussions.  I need to have the 291 pages of this novel read by the 23rd.
5.  The Bluest Eye ~ by Toni Morrison, 1970, fiction (Ohio)
The U-City Library is sending a discussion leader for this novel, which was distributed to us earlier this month.  I have until the 30th to finish these 206 pages.  That shouldn't be a problem, since I read this years ago and already know it's a great novel.
Have you read any of these books? Tell me (in the comments) what you're reading these days.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Looks like a good set of books you've got waiting for you to read!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Here's a photo that I posted in 2018 of my cart full of the OLD bags from the library:
https://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2018/01/books-i-completed-in-2017.html