Friday, September 6, 2019

Celebrate books and reading

I'm always surprised to discover the many "National Day" things we have on our calendars.  Today, for example, is National Read a Book Day.  I know about this one because we have an event scheduled here at the Crown Center to celebrate it.  Yes, we'll meet in the library, where the books are, but how does one celebrate reading?
"Chat about your favorite author or discover new ones," they say.
Should I take the Anna Quindlen memoir I'm reading?  Should I pull a book off my shelves that's a favorite?  Should I take the book I got from the library yesterday (that I haven't even started reading)?  Is this even a show-and-tell event?  I have no idea, but I plan to go after lunch and find out.  Since we will meet in the library, which is tiny, obviously whoever planned it doesn't expect a big crowd.  We shall see.

Update:  See the "Read A Book" banner behind Drenda, Marie, and Mary at the meeting.  The nine of us who came had a great time discussing books, sharing our favorites, and finding out about each other.

No comments: