Friday, May 17, 2019

Beginning ~ with Alzheimer's, called Agnes

The Last Year of the War ~ by Susan Meissner, 2019, fiction
I've a thief to thank for finding the one person I need to see before I die.  If Agnes hadn't slipped her way into my mind to steal from it willy-nilly, I wouldn't have started to forget things, and Teddy wouldn't have given me the iPad for my birthday so that I could have my calendar and addresses and photos all in one place, and without the iPad, I wouldn't have known there is a way to look for someone missing from your life for six decades.
I wrote about this book on Tuesday, if you'd like to know more about it.  As for the beginning lines, yes, I'm hooked.  I want to read more because my mother had Alzheimer's, explained at the bottom of the first page, and also because this is a book about internment of Japanese-Americans during World War Two.



Gilion at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings on Fridays.  Click this link for more book beginnings.

No comments: