Saturday, December 1, 2018

Do Good December

Click on the calendar to enlarge it.
We've had Happy January, Friendly February, Mindful March, Active April, Meaningful May, Joyful June, Jump Back JulyAltruistic AugustSelf-Care September, Optimistic October, and New Things November.  Now it's time for Do Good December, found by searching for "calendar" on the Action for Happiness (AfH) web site.  Here are the first seven days of this new month.

December 1
~ Encourage more kindness.  Share this calendar with others.
December 2
~ Support a charity, cause, or campaign you really care about.
December 3
~ Give kind comments to as many people as possible today.
December 4
~ Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
December 5
~ Leave a positive message for someone else to find.
December 6
~ Notice when you're hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
December 7
~ Be generous.  Feed someone with food, love, or kindness today.

"Together we can change the world,
just one act of kindness at a time." ~ Ron Hall

Update:  Today's suggestion is "Encourage more kindness.  Share this calendar with others."  As the one on my floor who changes the bulletin board near the elevators, I've been including these calendars each month.  This is a current picture with the colorful calendar at center top.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love these calendars and now see the daily task each morning on Twitter.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Great! Now the question is ... do you DO the task each day? For me, some of the suggestions "work" and some don't. I've decided it's enough to ponder some of them, like "turn off your phone at night" that came up a few months ago. I am rarely disturbed by late phone calls, so any calls I get are important. Once a friend on another floor of my retirement home called me to come help her. She had fallen out of bed and wanted me to cover her before calling 9-1-1 because she wasn't fully dressed. When our building's security arrived and the EMTs arrived, she felt better not being exposed. She also wouldn't want to be wheeled through our lobby partly dressed. I need my phone to be ON at all hours. I'm not a "9-to-5" worker (or 8-to-5 for me when I worked a regular schedule) needing rest time when I'm "off-the-clock," so to speak. Friendship is never off the clock.

Today's suggestion is: "Encourage more kindness. Share this calendar with others." Since I'm the one on my floor who changes the bulletin board, I've been including these calendars each month. (I went back and added a photo to this post showing what I put up late last night.) So I've been "sharing this calendar with others" for a year, now. Well, I've also been sharing the monthly calendars on this blog as well, haven't I?