Thursday, October 25, 2018

Photography

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but you know I'll add lots of words anyway, don't you?  I went down to the Circle@Crown Café for brunch this morning and had the breakfast special of pancakes and a fruit cup.  And tea, of course.  Always tea.  And nearly always iced tea.  After eating with another Crown Center resident, I refreshed my iced tea and went to sit off in the corner, facing the hallway.  I was sipping tea and reading Not Quite a Scot by Janice Maynard (2016) on my Kindle when I came across these passages:
"Mealt Falls at Kilt Rock sounded like an auspicious place to start my month of Scottish photography" (p. 64).

"The waterfall over the Kilt Rock formation was breathtaking. It plunged at least fifty feet into the ocean below. Beyond the falls, dramatic headlands carved by centuries of wind and water jutted against the sky" (p. 65).
That's when I took out my flip-phone camera and took a picture of my own surroundings.  Okay, even on a nice sunny morning, the inside of a cafe is not on a par with seeing a breathtaking waterfall.  So here I am, back in my apartment, typing up a blog post and googling that waterfall in Scotland to see what the protagonist of this novel is seeing, hoping it's an actual place in Scotland.  Yes!  I found a photo of Mealt Falls (see above).

I've done this before, using my electronic devices to be able to see the locale of a novel I'm reading.  Here's one example, taking a leap to Nantucket via Google.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

That place in Scotland looks beautiful! I just finished Little Lost Boy and really enjoyed it.