Monday, April 2, 2018

Meditating on a window design

Click to enlarge the photo
I am astounded by this design and will probably be thinking about it for days.  Who came up with this idea of a hidden bathroom window?  Why?  For what purpose?  Privacy on the ground floor?  Was the room too small for both a medicine cabinet and a window?  Was someone just wanting to be creative?  All it took was screwing hinges to the window casing and the frame of the mirror.  I'm impressed.

Oops!  But wait!  This design puts the water pipes against the outside wall, where they are more likely to freeze in winter.  Now I'm wondering where this is located.  Maybe it's in a place with little or no really cold weather.

As I continue to ponder this room, I'm trying to guess what's to the left of the mirror.  Is there a wall at 90-degrees?  Or does the wall extend several feet to the left?  Where's the toilet?  Where's the tub or shower?  What's outside that window?  Yard?  And then I ask, front yard or side yard or back yard?  Surely not a city sidewalk, since I see green bushes.

Click to enlarge the photo
Expanding my thinking about the design of the home, I remember this hidden staircase I also saw online.  It connects a library with ... who knows what?  A bedroom?  An office?  An aerie?  (I'm being poetic ― I don't mean a literal eagle's nest.)  Something else?  What's up there?  Or what would I put above that library if it were mine?  I see another window, too.  It seems odd to have a window that drops below the stairs.  Lots to ponder today, as I let my mind wander into design conceptions.

No comments: