Sunday, April 22, 2018

Earth Day 2018

Earth Day is April 22nd every year.  I'm concerned that we are killing our planet, the only place we have to live.  Our trash, especially the plastic filling our oceans, will kill us by ruining our water.  Our pollutants spewed into the air will kill us by ruining the very air we breathe.  I took part in the first celebration of Earth Day 1970, which I wrote about on another of my blogs in 2007.  This Pogo cartoon is from 1971, a year later, and our trash problem has only gotten worse.

My goal today is to pick up trash that has blown into an area that collects water running off a nearby parking lot.  I can see it from my sixth floor window and have suggested a trash pick-up as one of our volunteer opportunities for residents here at the Crown Center.

No comments: