Thursday, April 26, 2018

Audiobooks ~ what do you think?

I just read about an offer of free audiobooks:
"Each week, SYNC offers two free audiobooks that you can download onto any device.  The two books usually include one contemporary YA title, paired with a classic or a nonfiction book with a similar theme or subject matter.  Each pairing is available for download for one week, to be replaced by a new pairing the following week.  Once you download the books, however, you can listen to them whenever you want."
SYNC's program for 2018 started today, so head to the SYNC website to download the audiobooks for week one.  This first week is featuring:
The Great War ~ by David Almond, John Boyne, Tracy Chevalier, Ursula Dubosarsky, and Timothée de Fombelle ― a collection of WWI-related short stories by top authors.

A Study in Charlotte ~ by Brittany Cavallaro ― a YA novel about the teen descendants of Holmes and Watson solving a mystery.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

What a great program. I should get better at listening to audio books, but I am such a visual learner that I find my mind drifting if I do audio.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I'm such a visual learner that I had to take excellent notes in college and graduate school so I could "SEE" it to remember what I was hearing. I don't plan to get these audio books, but it seemed like a good thing to share with any of my readers who may like or prefer audio.