Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Salon ~ week in review

Humor
Tuasmalou.ch is a photographer with a great sense of humor.  You should take a look at what he captures by posing his daughters.
Books ~ completed recently

9.  A Reckoning ~ by May Sarton, 1978, fiction (Massachusetts), 8/10
"I'm trying to reckon everything up.  I don't 'do' much anymore, but I think a lot" (loc. 1475).
10.  Letters from Skye ~ by Jessica Brockmole, 2013, fiction (Scotland), 8/10
"I never would've conjured up an image of an entire store filled with nothing but books" (loc. 1252).
11.  The Story of Arthur Truluv ~ by Elizabeth Berg, 2017, fiction (Missouri), 9/10
"Well, this is just fine!" Arthur says.  "I'll get some wood and we'll build a fire that day."
"I'll get a wreath for the door," Maddy says.
Gordon, sitting next to Arthur, meows.  People think cats don't want to join in, but they're wrong.  (p. 198)
Snow

Donna and I went to lunch at O'Charley's at 11:00, hurrying to the car in a light drizzle.  When we left the restaurant, the car was covered with snow!  I took pictures, truly I did, but even after sending one of them FIVE times over several hours, it still hasn't gotten through to my email box.  If it ever does, I'll post a snow picture here.  Okay, got it.  That's my dark-green Subaru Outback in the middle, now covered with snow.

Caturday
Clawdia's had a rough time.  When I got her in 2015, she was missing her right incisor (the fang).  Now she's lost the left one, so I'll need to take her to the vet this week to find out what's going on.  I think she was mistreated before being left at the animal shelter.
Heard this week
Brad with their third child
"Focusing on personal purity and individual salvation can lead to a spiritual self obsession that isn't healthy and can give a very distorted picture of God. ... You are already loved and accepted and included in God's kingdom right now.  God is not spending every hour of every day assessing your every moral decision.  Instead God is very much interested in all of Creation experiencing the fullness of redemption.  This is God's focus and here's the kicker:  God wants and needs all of your gifts and talents and passions to see that come about.  So try to stop the navel gazing and start to believe that God has already deemed you worthy and join your Creator in bringing life more abundant to the world."
Brad McDowell is a friend who pastors First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Wilmington, North Carolina.  He was serving Ashland Terrace Christian Church (DoC) in Chattanooga when I met him and his family.  When Donna and I finished packing our stuff in a truck in Chattanooga, we spent the night with Brad and Lisa and their two boys before setting out on our trip to St. Louis the next morning.
Find more Sunday Salon posts on Facebook.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Sounds like a good week. You got snow and we actually have had some very welcome rain! I hope Clawdia is okay.