Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thursday thoughts ~ about LOVE

When I posted this on Facebook a couple of years ago, I wrote: "This parent is onto something." I still think so. For those who are not familiar with these verses from the Christian scriptures, the word being replaced by the boyfriend's name (or the girl's own name) is LOVE.
  • LOVE is patient.
  • LOVE is kind.
  • LOVE is not envious.
  • LOVE is not boastful.
  • LOVE is not arrogant.
  • LOVE is not rude.
  • LOVE does not insist on its own way;
  • LOVE is not irritable.
  • LOVE is not resentful;
  • LOVE does not rejoice in wrongdoing.
  • LOVE rejoices in the truth.
We could use this "evaluation" as a self-check, the way this mother suggested for her daughter. I'd be a better person if I could always be patient, kind, and truthful.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Such important aspects of a relationship to remember and a good way to get teens to think about who they want to date.