Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sunday Salon ~ family and books

FAMILY
Above are three of my great-grandchildren:  Jaxon, Shelby, and Shiloh on their mother's lap.  Below are my other three great-grandchildren:  Micah, Raegan, and Jonathan.
BOOKS
Recently finished:

The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living ~ by Meik Wiking, 2017, psychology, 8/10

Currently reading:

To Be Where You Are ~ by Jan Karon, 2017, fiction (North Carolina)

Looking forward to:

The Donkey's Dream ~ by Barbara Helen Berger, 1985, children's

He was just an ordinary donkey, but on his back he carried a miracle.  He carried Mary to Bethlehem on the night she gave birth.  Along the way he dreamed he was carrying a city, a ship, a fountain, and a rose.  He dreamed he was carrying a lady full of heaven.
Bloggers gather in the Sunday Salon — at separate computers in different time zones — to talk about our lives and our reading.

4 comments:

Ginnie said...

What lovely family photos. I hope you've had a happy Christmas day and I wanted to tell you that I watched a wonderful author, Walter Isaacson, describe his writing "Leonardo DaVinci" I could have listened to him all night. He was fascinating and his take on DaVinci was amazing.
Have you read any of his books?

Bonnie Jacobs said...

No, I haven't read any books by Walter Isaacson, so I looked up his book on Leonardo DaVinci, which was published in October 2017. Maybe we can find it in our libraries. (Umm, not right now for me. I looked, and all 15 copies of the new book in our system are out right now or in transit between libraries for some patron.)

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love that you have so many great grandchildren, what a joy to have so many generations able to get together! I had one great grandparent left until I was 15 and it was very special.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

You are so fortunate to be able to enjoy so many great-grandchildren! I have only one granddaughter and I feel so lucky to have her.

https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/12/first-book-of-2018.html