Thursday, June 30, 2016

Readers' Workouts ~ exercising healthy habits

John Wesley with our book of rules
I read an article today listing ways United Methodists fail to uphold the rules in our Book of Discipline.  One item on the list says:  "Failure of clergy to exercise habits conducive to bodily health (¶304.2)."  Hmm, I think we could shorten that and say truthfully about some:  "Failure of clergy to exercise."

Not my group, though we are seniors.
I am in an exercise class that meets twice a week for 45-60 minutes.  Our leader left for vacation this week, and I agreed to lead the group.  No, I'm not qualified to teach a class, but I can lead by asking, "What other routines do you remember?"  With all of us suggesting parts of our regular exercise routines, we got through one session without our leader this week and will do two more next week.  One person said as she left, "Good class.  I worked up a sweat."  So did I.




Readers’ Workouts is the weekly event where book lovers share workout stories, goals, successes, and challenges.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Good for you! This made me smile.