Thursday, March 12, 2015

BTT (#46) ~ bookcases

Deb at Booking Through Thursday asks:
"Two part question:  (1)  In an ideal world, what kind of book cases would you have?  Built-ins?  Barrister ones with glass doors?  The cheapest you could find so you could have lots of them?  (2)  And … what kind of bookcases do you REALLY have?"
My "ideal world" has been different at various times in my life.  Decades ago, my husband made heavy bookcases with adjustable shelves that LOOKED like built-ins.  That was fine then, when we owned our house.  But now I live in an apartment and I'm almost 75 years old.  I wouldn't be able to move those heavy shelves if I needed to, but now I have low shelves that fold into themselves to be moved and also stack if I need more floor space.  Luckily, that's exactly what I have.  That's a photo above of some of my shelves.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing a set of the shelves with me. We have our cast iron cookware on them now, and they work great. My books are on several types of bookcases, but I think I like the short stand alone bookcase sitting on the floor the best because I can sit on the floor and search for books.