Wednesday, February 18, 2015

More snow

That's my car on Monday, third from left, parked in front of the light pole.  The car to the left of mine is the only other one that had not been driven by that afternoon, as you can see by other car windows that have been cleaned off.  By Tuesday evening, the 4-to-6 inches of snow had slid off the sides of my Subaru Outback and mostly off the back window, except where the wiper held a wedge of snow.  But the windshield and top were still covered at nightfall.  As I type this at midnight, snow is once again blowing sideways from the north (which means from the left of this photo) and covering all the vehicles now parked around mine.  My side and back windows are once again totally white, and the light above my car clearly shows the flying snow.

I'm happy that we expect only about another inch tonight, unlike this photo from Laura in Hull that was posted yesterday on BuzzFeed.

1 comment:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

At lunchtime today, it's 16°F and winds from the NW at 20 to 30 mph. It's going down to -1°F tonight.