Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Let's end 2014 with a big AMEN, Amen, Amen!



As it approaches midnight, ending the year when I moved to St. Louis, this song is on my mind.  I listened to several versions of it on YouTube, and this one appeals to me the most.  "A-men, A-men, A-men, Amen, Amen!"  Let Sidney Poitier do all the other words.  I'll sing along with the nuns, "A-men, A-men, A-men, Amen, Amen!"

This 3-minute version was uploaded to YouTube on July 17, 2007, showing the final scene in the film directed by Ralph Nelson.  It's the scene where Homer Smith, played by Sidney Poitier leaves Mother Maria, played by Lilia Skala, after building them a chapel.  After taking one last look at the chapel he built, Smith, knowing that his work is done, slips into his car and drives quietly off into the night.  If this video quits working, view it on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn6w255CGkk&index=4&list=RDNLjXt7KxD4c

No comments: