Friday, October 31, 2014

Beginning ~ at 4:45 a.m.

If I'd Killed Him When I Met Him... ~ by Sharyn McCrumb, 1995, mystery
The fact that Eleanor Royden was putting on lipstick at 4:45 was not unusual; the fact that it was 4:45 in the morning, however, made it an unprecedented departure from her usual routine.
Because I enjoyed reading several of her books, I checked out three by Sharyn McCrumb from my library.  That was three years ago, and I didn't get any of those books read.  Now I live in St. Louis, and I found this mystery book at one of my new libraries.  It was on the sale shelf, which means I own the book and haven't gotten around to reading it yet.  I did, however, finish the other book I bought that day.  Now I need to find out why Eleanor Royden was putting on lipstick at 4:45 a.m.  At this point, I don't even know who she is.



Gilion at Rose City Reader hosts Book Beginnings on Fridays.  Click here for today's Mister Linky.

4 comments:

Katherine P said...

I LOVE Sharyn MacCrumb! I haven't read this one in years but I remember enjoying it. This has made me want to read it again!

Unknown said...

I have to agree that such an act does invite curiosity, and with a title like the one this novel has, I am only able to suspect that a murder has taken place?

Here's mine:
Sparrow’s BB & Friday 56

Elizabeth said...

I have never read this author, but this sounds fun.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Halloween!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Unknown said...

Interesting opening. Thanks for sharing! :)

Here's mine:
NYZE@everythingnyze