Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Salon ~ baby shower books


Guess How Much I Love You ~ by Sam McBratney, 1994, board book
Little Nutbrown Hare wants very much to impress Big Nutbrown Hare with the enormous scale of his devotion, but ends up being the one who's impressed.
Tickle Time! ~ by Sandra Boynton, 1996, 2004, 2012, board book
If you’re feeling blue / and you don’t know what to do
there is nothing like a / TICKLE TIME
to make you feel like new.
Today, there's a shower for my great-granddaughter, due on January 4, 2014.  My friend Donna suggested we give her books (after all, we used to have a bookstore) to go along with what each of us chose from the registry.  These two books are the ones we got for her.  Now I hope I can find their new house that they've just moved into.

The Sunday Salon's Facebook page links to other blogs.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love giving books at baby showers (not really a surprise, I know). I usually pick a board book that is tactile with fuzzy bits, scratchy bits, etc. I also like getting Dandelion by Don Freeman since it was a childhood favorite of mine.

On a funny side note, I didn't "get" the title of Pat the Bunny until I was an adult. I thought the bunny's name was Pat :-)

Amy said...

Guess How Much I Love You was one of the favorite books I used to read to my boys when they were little!

Your great-granddaughter will be so lucky to have such wonderful books! Best wishes to the mom-to-be!