Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kiki's Caturday ~ cat on Hemingway's desk

I used to walk on Bonnie's desk, back when I first moved in with her.  Kinda like this cat on Hemingway's desk.  Bonnie doesn't have a nice clean desk like this, though.  She has papers on her desk.  I would cross the desk between the twin beds, occasionally taking time to nudge a pile of papers onto the floor.  That accomplished two things:
1.  It was fun to watch paper flutter to the ground.
2.  It always got Bonnie's attention, no matter how busy she was.
2-1/2.  It always got Bonnie's attention, even when she was asleep on one of those beds.
It did NOT always convince her to get up and feed me, so now I don't bother.  Besides, those papers are piled too high to walk on now.  If I tried, I'd slide off the desk and have to scramble to land on my feet.





I'd rather take a nap.

Kiki Cat, signing off




Footnote from Bonnie:  This is one of Kiki's book notes that I found under the green chair.  It may have been among her earliest musings, since that "desk between the beds" thing was back in 2001 when Carol thought I needed a cat.

No comments: