Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Salon ~ palindromes

You do know what palindromes are, don't you?  It's when something reads the same forward and backward.  My previous telephone number had 313 after the area code and ended with another palindrome:  8998.  I could have had 8987, but I wanted the two-palindrome combination.  (If that's the latest phone number you have, email me for my newest number.)  Two famous examples of palindromes:
Madam, I'm Adam.
Never odd or even.
But setting my alarm clock?  Nah, I'm not that compulsive.  But I do play with words and and notice palindromic words and numbers.

READING

Just finished
The Last Runaway ~ by Tracy Chevalier, 2013, fiction (Ohio), 10/10
Now reading
The Ten-Year Nap ~ by Meg Wolitzer, 2008, fiction (New York)

Clutter Busting: Letting Go of What's Holding You Back ~ by Brooks Palmer, 2009
Next up
Welcome to Your Brain : Why You Lose Your Car Keys but Never Forget How to Drive and Other Puzzles of Everyday Life ~ by Sandra Aamodt and Sam Wang, 2008
The Sunday Salon's Facebook page has links to other blogs.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

My favorite palendrome: a man a plan panama :-)