Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Snapshot ~ after the flood

The weeds that were completely submerged are not four feet tall, as I had guessed.  They are taller than I am and probably not less than six feet tall.  That floodwater was really deep to completely cover them.  To the right, you can see where flowing water leveled weeds that were not quite so rigid, and they still haven't straightened up.

I was at the bottom of the hillside taking these photos today, and that's my apartment building at the top.  Those two satellite dishes were in some of my earlier photos, here and here.  That smaller bush in the center hides the side window of my bedroom.

The surprise left behind by the floodwaters were dozens of yellow dandelions on the hillside, like this one.  The ground still feels mushy, and I didn't venture beyond the tall-weed border.


Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce from At Home With Books.  To participate, post a photo taken by you (or a friend or family member).  Your photo can be old or new, as long as its subject is appropriate for all eyes to see.  Check out snapshots others are sharing this week.

7 comments:

Trish said...

It's amazing that the grass and plants survived at all!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Wow, it really was amazingly deep!

Irene said...

dandelions just never go away.

Paulita said...

Wow. Scary stuff. Glad you were in a high place. Here's My Saturday Snapshot

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

WOW that must have been some flooding. Glad your place was high on a hill.

Alyce said...

Wow, that is incredible!

Louise said...

That's an extraordinary set of photos. I hadn't seen your flooded ones- great to see the recovery.