Saturday, September 17, 2011

Banned Books Week ~ my choices

Lady Chatterley's Lover ~ by D. H. Lawrence, 1928, fiction
This is not on the list of ten most challenged books of 2010, but Wendy (Caribousmom) and I plan to read and discuss it for Banned Books Week (September 24 through October 1).  Therefore, I have also posted it as this month's book to read for discussion at Book Buddies, starting today.  You are welcome to join us there.

Falling Up: Poems and Drawings ~ by Shel Silverstein, 1996
A Light in the Attic: Poems and Drawings ~ by Shel Silverstein, 1981

My kids loved his book Where the Sidewalk Ends (1974), and I remember buying Falling Up for my granddaughter Cali when she was ten or eleven years old.  I'll try to read both of these before the end of Banned Books Week.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I haven't decided what to read for Banned book week yet. I always do a whole thing at the school library with displays, etc and I realize I have got to get on that!