Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kiki ~ eating outta my hand

I may have to rethink this Kiki Caturday thing.  Nancy's Fiona is still a kitten, very active and into everything.  Kiki is ten years old and settled.  Dangle an enticing "mouse" in front of her, and she'll raise her eyes from the stuffed animal up along the string, as if to say, "You think I don't know mice don't bounce around on strings?"

So today I had to get innovative.  Kiki was asleep on the bed -- see the quilt?  Playing with words, as I always do, I wanted to have her eating outta my hand.  That's it!  But I had to take four pictures with my cellphone camera before I got one that wasn't a blur.  Worse, now she thinks her "treats" should come to her!  Would this "mouse" fool you?

2 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Let me tell you about one surprising outcome of today's "experiment" of getting Kiki to eat out of my hand. I usually have a difficult time getting pills down her throat, especially the cut-in-half little yellow allergy pill prescribed by her vet. This afternoon I put the tiny thing under a pile of dry nuggets in the palm of my hand, and Kiki snarfed it down with the treats. It was as though she thought, "Gotta take advantage of this while it lasts." She was in such a hurry, however, that she barely paused when she apparently tasted something "different." Yes, a slight pause, but then the other nuggets covered up the taste nicely, and down it went. She hasn't wheezed since then. Yay, me!

Bookfool said...

Yay is right!

No, I don't believe that mouse would fool me. LOL

It's hard enough finding a photo of Fiona every week; I can see why you're reconsidering, although I've loved the photos (I don't always comment -- I've been pretty big on lurking, lately). Older cats don't do a whole heck of a lot, that's for sure. We're really enjoying the infusion of energy Fiona's added to our household.