Monday, May 31, 2010

A sunny day in my town

The sunshine here in Chattanooga today made it hot and humid.  I had lunch with my friend Carla to celebrate her recent move to my town.  I saw her new condo, showed her where to find the town's best BBQ about a mile from where she lives, and took her to Signal Point (pictured above) so she could act like a tourist. Later I finished cleaning out one of my storage units (the hot and humid part of my day) before having homemade burgers with my friend Donna, who moved to my town eight years ago and now lives in the same senior complex I do.  Walking back up the block to my home after burgers, I was visiting with my next-door neighbor when another neighbor who was walking her dog stopped to chat with us. So it's been a great day for talking with friends. Once I was finally home for the day, I turned on the computer to check email and discovered another "visitor."  This one came, not in person, but to my blog.

My new book blogger friend Helen had left a message, saying, "I have an award for you."  Ha!  My sunny day continues, right up until dark.  Helen presented me with the Sunshine Award.  Thanks, Helen!  I'm tired in a good kind of way this evening, but totally ready to climb into bed and read before sleep.  All of you dear readers who have gotten this far should consider yourselves recipients of this award -- from me to you, and you, and you.  Good night, sun.  Good night, moon.  Good night, friends.

5 comments:

June said...

Nice that you got her out :-)

Helen's Book Blog said...

You're welcome for the award! And what a fun day filled with friends; it sounds like a truly happy day!

Anonymous said...

It's great to have friends and spend a glorious day in the sun.

Susan Tidwell said...

It sounds like a great day, outside with friends, sometimes 'playing tourist' in your hometown is great fun!

Beth said...

Good morning, Bonnie! Sounds like a wonderful and blessed day. You are so fortunate to have good friends---both near and far.