• John Adams ~ by David McCullough (biography of a former president)
• Plainsong ~ by Kent Haruf (National Book Award nominee for Fiction)
• The Way Home ~ by George Pelecanos (a crime novel)
• Lush Life ~ by Richard Price (a literary novel)
• Hot, Flat, and Crowded : Why We Need a Green Revolution -- and How It Can Renew America ~ by Thomas Friedman (environment)
I haven't read any of these books, so I can't comment on them. Which of them have you read? Tell me what you think of them. I found this list here. __________
I went to the library this afternoon and got the first book on the list above. Do you see John Adams by David McCullough under "Currently reading" on my sidebar? I didn't realize it would be 651 pages thick, with another 100 pages of end notes, bibliography, and index (751 pages in all).