Saturday, June 28, 2008

First hour (12:00-1:00 p.m. EDT) ~ REPORT and MINI-CHALLENGE

Title of book(s) I've been reading this hour (hourly # of pages):
..... A Three Dog Life ~ by Abigail Thomas (55 pages)

Books I've read (or dipped into) since I started (total collective # of pages):
..... A Three Dog Life ~ by Abigail Thomas (55 pages)

Comments about this hour:
..... A Three Dog Life is a memoir about life after her husband was hit by a car and suffered a massive brain injury.
..... I haven't taken the time to update my online notes, but I'm writing down page numbers I want to quote when I get around to my online notes. (Click on the book's title to see where I keep my notes.)

Time spent reading since my last post (and collectively):
..... 45 minutes (45 minutes)

Other participants I've visited this hour:
..... Joy Renee, to cheer her on.
..... Darcie, for the mini-challenge.

Mini-challenge this hour:

INTRODUCTION MEME

Where are you reading from today?
I'm home alone, and the neighboring children who are usually noisy and rowdy are on vacation this week. So it's quiet and very conducive to reading.

3 facts about me
(1) I'm the sister of a man with a new liver about half a day ago.
(2) I'm (sometimes) very organized.
(3) I've always loved to read. Wait, this isn't news! Anybody in this Read-a-Thon is a lover of books. Okay, I've been a reader since the mid-1940s. Let's see you top that!

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Six, but I have children's books to review that I could read if I get tired of the six "heavier" books.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
To finish one huge book (Jung's) that I've been reading, plus three smaller books (Thomas, Ward, Freud) and one short story (Faulkner's "The Bear").

Any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Too late for this, but have books to read that really interest you. Mine may look overwhelming to some people, but they are all books I had already bought or checked out of my library.

2 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

your reading goals sound great! i'm just hoping to finish more than one book. right now i'm working on the third section of The Devil in the White City since i'm behind schedule with the Book Buddies. happy reading!

Ana S. said...

Good luck and have fun! I hope you achieve your goals :)