Monday, January 14, 2008

Outstanding science books for children

Were there any Outstanding Science Books Published in 2007 for children? Tricia of "The Miss Rumphius Effect" thinks so, and she is upset that no books on science were included in the Blue Ribbon awards chosen by the staff of The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books. So Tricia rectified that oversight (but was it an oversight or do those on the committee just not read science books for children?) and posted her own choices of Outstanding Science Books Published in 2007. Go check it out, on her other blog: "Open Wide, Look Inside." You won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

The fact that the committee commented that the field of nonfiction was sparse and that they would rather "sacrifice list length than standards" really burned me.

Thanks so much for sharing my list.

Ladytink_534 said...

Children's and young adult's science books fascinated me when I was a kid. I've noticed quite a few that seem like they would be good ones published lately. I'm glad someone has taken notice!

Mme. H. said...

I just wanted to say that I love your new header and quote!

Dewey said...

Hey, Bonnie! You know what's weird? That woman sort of looks like me.

I'm glad to see you have Renay's great Bookworms Carnival button up!